Friday, February 24, 2012

Gratitude for our personal LC's:

Normally, I wouldn’t put something so personal on such a “non” personal blog – but a.) heck, I simply do work for the ‘best’ LC out there and b.) I think it’s important that other chiro’s can hope to inspire to be – to become – to look for guidance, to hope for, and maybe to reflect and concur with – because you are that same LC in your town/neighborhood/community!

(This is a letter I had written to "Dynamic Chiropractic" a principled chiropractic monthly journal). 


I have a secret to confess: I read the Dynamic Chiropractic each time it comes before I put it on the doctor’s desk with the rest of his mail. It’s not that he would mind – at all – if he knew his staff read it. I mean, I’m only gaining valuable information that could potentially help me in my job – or in information to share with a patient – or even in something that peaks my interest that Doc happens to look over. But I still secretly read it – making sure that the pages aren’t pressed or torn as I turn the pages – so that it looks as though it’s never been touched when it gets to his desk.

The reality is – I’m making sure that there’s not a group of other doctor’s chiropractic assistants out there who are writing about how amazing their doctor is. And as long as I have been reading – I’ve yet to find the office who does this. At seminars you always hear from other CA’s that their doc is the best. In newspapers, books, online reviews & facebook pages, you often hear from patients how amazing their chiropractor is and how he’s so different from any other chiropractor. It’s not abnormal that people share their opinions and reviews. Of course, it’s probably more common you google “chiropractor + your town” and you see the disgruntled ex-patient who writes how long they had to wait, etc. (Of course they failed to mention that the reason they had to wait was because they were always a half an hour late for their appointment – and yet the doctor still saw them.) 

I’ve worked for my share of chiropractors – and as a patient, I’ve been seen by a chiropractor since the day I was born. Heck, I even share a birthday with BJ Palmer – you can just say that I have my own extended experience of chiropractors and chiropractic. I’ve seen chiropractors in Utah, Maryland, Virginia, Arizona, Washington DC, New York – and I’m sure a handful of other places I’m forgetting. I’ve seen “Lifers”, “Brown Thumbers”, “Medical Chiros”, -- I’ve seen and experienced all the rage of holding glass jars, traction pillows, vitamin D supplements, biofreeze galore, rolling tables, ‘no hands on’, advocates of prescription writing, etc. But what about when you really, truly, hands down no fight – do work for the best chiropractor? 

Every patient that walks through our doors walks out with a smile. Not a day goes by that multiple patients don’t share their love of our doctor with us. Not a day passes that patients aren’t sharing how their lives have changed because of Doc – how they are able to walk again, how they are able to lift up their own child, or play golf without pain, or stand up long enough to make dinner for their spouse, or sit in a chair at their office without tears, or go roller skating with their grandkids, or no longer have to take pain medication, or constantly suffer from headaches, or are able to teach yoga again, or can stand all day as a teacher – the list of life alterations that our doctor has provided to his patients seems to be never-ending – so much so that we refer to him as “Life Changer” or “LC” for short. 

Doc broke his wrist a few months back – but knew that if he got a cast on it, he wouldn’t be able to adjust his patients – so what did he do? He remained castles and he went on with a smile - never once was a patient aware of the pain he was dealing with. On the rare occasion Doc hasn’t felt well – you would never know (unless his lovely wife gives us a heads up). He comes to work – always, no matter the circumstances, with a smile – prepared to change lives. He works long hours, every day, because he cares, sincerely, about those he is able to help. He’s made house calls, last minute appointments outside of office hours, stayed until all hours to wait for the patient who can’t get off work, visited patients at the hospital, attended patient’s family funerals, seen them walk down the aisle, given hugs when hugs are needed, donated time and money when neither were abundant – all of these, because of the genuine care he has for every single person that walks through the door. 

As great as he is to his patients – Doc’s (if possible) even more amazing to his staff. We’re treated and loved as a family – a family that sticks together, works through life’s issues. He’ll listen to us complain about things that have nothing to do with work – and in his own soft spoken and kind manner offer a suggestion in a hidden way, so you’d never think he was suggesting it. He walks into the office with a cheerful hello, and leaves the same. His smile lifts each of us up just at the smirk of it! He’s become our personal chiropractor – our boss – our life changer – our fatherly figure – our best friend – our comforter – our advice giver – our therapist – and so much more. The patients speak it, the staff thinks it, the results show it – we at Chesapeake Family Wellness Center, truly are treated and work for the best chiropractor, ever. 


 I just felt it needed to be shared. 


No comments:

Post a Comment