Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Staff Education

Any 'consulting' firm you join, will try and tell you the importance of patient education - but allow me to explain the often looked - obvious necessary - of staff education.


I just spent a week 2700 miles across the country being trained and getting my learn on so that I can better help the doctor I personally work for - as an employee extraordinaire(I kid, but truly that's the type of staff he deserves... as does any DC).

And whilst at said learning week - I learned the invaluable value of having a staff who 'gets' chiropractic, who 'believes' in chiropractic, and who will support YOU, the DOC! Because no matter how much you spend on training your staff - no matter how much patient education information you provide them with, no matter how much formal education they may have under their belt, how professionally pleasing the eye they may seem to the consumer, etc etc etc - if they don't 'get it', if they don't know the 'BIG IDEA' there's no way they can ever truly sell a consumer on the true, longevitive value of Chiropractic, and the true  longevitive  value of YOU, THE DOC.

It may seem obvious doc's, but amongst all that patient education - are you forgetting to train the people who are there to speak that information?

Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment